Monday, October 13, 2008

Potty Training: A summary

Laundry, toilet paper, repetition, gritted teeth, hand washing, naked kid, praise, suppressed frustration, tiny panties (not the Victoria's Secret kind of tiny panties), ridiculous dancing upon successful pottying, more hand washing, endless discussion of elimination and anatomy vocabulary, excited phone calls to grandparents, still more hand washing.

Poop.

E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E.

Repeat aforementioned cycle about 5-6 times in one day. Put child to bed--in a diaper--and retreat to kitchen. Locate giant bottle of vodka. Swill until your eyeballs float.

3 comments:

Shirla said...

Good luck with the potty training. We are trying to potty train my grandson Wesley. He is severely developmentally delayed and we have been working with him for years it seems. He will be 5 Oct. 24 and his Dr said he is like a 2 year old in an almost 5 year olds body. He has just about gotten the peeing down, it's the pooping that he is having trouble with.

Amy said...

Remind me to tell you about my brother-in-law Aaron and his infamous poop story.

Julieann said...

Hi Rebecca--I was going to reply to your BillBoard post--but I can't find it--I wanted to respond and say--You would be so surprised about who reads these blogs---When I mention a product---sometimes I will get an email from that compnay--I remember, I was talking about Pampers, and LUVS emailed me, asking if they could send me a pack of there diapers to try--when I was talking about Lice--LiceMd contacted me about a free trial of ther stuff--you would be amazed:)

P.S. Good Luck with the potty training!

Julieann