Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday to Darling Ava

Sweet, precious, darling Ava turned 1 year old today. Oh, it's so bittersweet to see my little baby become so big. She delights nearly everyone she sees with her sweet, toothy smile and tiny red curls. She has such a deep belly laugh, a chuckle that seems to take forever to escape her round little tummy. She amazes everyone with her near-perfect walking--a skill she's been working on for 3 weeks now. While Tom is just thrilled that our little baby has grown so well, I have been feeling such a strange mixture of melancholy and joy all day. It's been as varied as the weather today--sunny and bright one moment; rainy and dismal the next. How can I ever let go of something so small and so sweet? But how can I not look forward sharing the amazing discoveries she will make in the next exciting year?

I love you so much, little Ava. I have tears streaming down my face as I write this. Your birth was such an important, empowering moment in my life. It seems impossible that that tiny, wrinkled, wonderful creature has turned into the toddling little dumpling that circles my feet these days. You are such a joy to all of us. I am so thankful that God trusted me so much that He put you in my care. You and your sister are such a blessing to your Daddy and me.

2 comments:

Shirla said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Ava! :)

Cortney said...

Happy birthday to Ava :o)