Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wordless Wednesday...Well, Almost

My friend Dawn stopped by with her two sons for a little sling help, and the baby needed to nurse, so I got to hang out with her 2 year-old, Cobey. Cobey was in love with the violins. But he kept telling me, "Turn it on? Turn it on? Turn it on?" He is a tenacious little thing!

See pictures of Liesl holding Cobey's brand-new baby brother, Carter, here. At the time, he was 5 days old.

(Wouldja just look at how clean my living/dining room was???? Emphasis on "was," this picture is 5 days old. It's *never* that clean and tidy. We had my family over for dinner that evening, so the house was picked up and ship-shape for the occasion.)
The view of our patio from our backyard. We have been outside almost every single afternoon and evening. Oh, if only I had pictures of how horrible the backyard looked when Tom bought the house 11 years ago. It's been a slow work in progress, but it is so peaceful and tranquil now. (Until a certain 3 year-old gets her hands on the hose, that is.)

Tom weeding our pepper garden, which is a much easier task, thanks to his ingenious row cover planning. It only takes about 30 minutes to weed around the 81 pepper plants. In seasons past, weeding this garden took upward of 4 hours. Phew!

I really have no idea what's going on here.
(I almost never do.)

No comments: