Monday, April 20, 2009

Look out, Carnegie Hall

Liesl's 4th violin recital was yesterday. She played "Twinkle Twinkle, Variation A" and "Twinkle Theme" (after a little reminding!) She did pretty well. I have been working all week on getting her to concentrate on her fingerboard instead of everything else around her while she plays, but with so many people staring at her, smiling, taking pictures, and saying, "AWW!", she had a hard time remembering that. What 3 year-old wouldn't?

Next month she *may* be up to playing with the piano accompanist, which is a big milestone.

There will be another surprise at next month's recital as well, which will be Sunday, May 17th. Stay tuned!





Liesl with Claire, Miss Sharon's other 3 year-old student

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

1 comment:

Gail said...

Rebecca, I tried to view the recital video @ facebook but I got a message saying it'd been removed. I am so happy for Liesl, what a gift you are giving her,and I speak from experience :O) Please congratulate that lil 1st violinist for me :O)[and Mom and Dad too ;o) ]