Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Too much fiber, or dissin' the chef? You decide.

I couldn't help but shoot a movie of this. This is a repeat performance
of what she did in the bank this morning...for about 10 minutes.

Fortunately, the people at our bank are all very kid-friendly.
And most of their hard surfaces are drool-proofed...uh, I mean, water-proofed.



Ava is enjoying the high chair, now that Mommy decided it was time to move Liesl out of it for good. We've experimented with Liesl in the booster seat for several months, and while it is good for her to eat at the table, it is twice as much work for me...now I really have to be on the ball with both girls during weekday breakfasts and lunches. Dinners are easier when Tom is here: at least then big people are not outnumbered by tiny people.

Ava is doing just fine being exclusively breastfed for now, so we're in no rush to start solids. Maybe in month or two, but we'll take it as it comes. In the meantime, the high chair is a convenient place to keep an eye on Ava while I work in the kitchen. However, she's been so cute playing with toys and "talking" to me that I find myself sitting and talking and interacting with her instead of doing the dishes or cooking. (No wonder we're having grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner tonight. Again. Still, these are special times, there will plenty of opportunity for more elaborate suppers in the all-too-near future.)

1 comment:

Julieann said...

AMEN, Sister---Plus, I LOVE GRILLED CHEESE:)

Your girls are beautiful and, yay, on the breastfeeding!!!

Julieann