Thursday, November 15, 2007

Liesl Meets Ava

I plan to post Ava's birth story soon, it is in the final stages of writing. (I don't remember a lot of it because I had mentally "checked out" and didn't pay attention to the clock. So I have to rely a lot on my doula's and husband's accounts of the event.)

But anyway, I thought this video was too cute not to show. My dad brought Liesl to the birth center about an hour and a half after Ava was born. Liesl's reaction was puzzled but curious (and we were relieved!) Truthfully, she was more interested in the cameras--and later, my breakfast--than the baby. Oh well.

Try not to look at me--the kid is the cute portion of this video. Mind you, I had just given birth, drug-free, been in labor for 11 hours, and last but most importantly, had no makeup on. (Woof.)

3 comments:

Julieann said...

I couldn't help but look at you Rebecca--there is nothing more beautiful then a mother and her (new) baby!!!
LOVED the video.

Julieann:)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so beautiful. I am so happy for you and Tom and so proud of you. So this is where I have to come to keep in contact, eh? Not bad honey .. you done well. :) Miss ya!!

Julieann said...

I came by to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Julieann